Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekly Weigh In


Another sad week at the scale, I am sorry to report. I gained half a pound, bringing my weight back up to 193 - 2 pounds higher than it was 2 weeks ago.  Ugh.  As is often the case, I am disappointed but not surprised in the least.  As a matter of fact, this sort of pattern is very consistent with my weight loss patterns of old.  What often happens after I experience several weeks of weight loss is that I get comfortable.  I start to feel thin and indivisible. I start to work a little less hard and make slightly worse food choices.  I usually gain all the weight back, but not this time.  I am going to stop this in its tracks!  I am going to get MAD and get WORKING.  I am going to BLITZ my bulge this week and kill the scale at the next weigh in.  Here is how I am going to do it:

1. WORK OUT - Instead of just taking the kids or dog for walks around the neighborhood I am going to get to the gym at least 3 times this week and really work out.



2. EAT SMARTER - MyFitnessPal has definitely been beneficial for me, but its also had some negative effects, too.  Instead of focusing on the quality of my food, lately I have been just focusing on the caloric value only.  In other words, there have been days in which I eat cake for breakfast, Ramen Noodles for lunch, and hot dogs for dinner, but still stay within my calorie limit.  I don't feel good anymore, nor am I putting good food into my body.  So this week I vow to think about quantity AS WELL AS quality.
3. NOT GIVE UP - Keep fighting the good fight.  What more do I need to say.

SO here's to week of fighting the urge to grow complacent and fat.  I can do this.  The question is, will I???

2 comments:

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods