Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

 I weighed in this Saturday, and it was good news again!  I lost 2 pounds, bringing me down to 191.  I am very pleased with my progress.  As I mentioned last week, I seem to be on a roll and LOVING it.  After being stuck at 200 lbs. for weeks, this string of successes is so sweet.  I attribute my success to a few key factors:

1. JOURNALING!  Using MyFitnessPal has revolutionized the way I eat and exercise and balance my diet.  It is so very good to look back and see all that I ate during the day.  Its also fun for me, dare I say, to log my daily caloric activity. 

2. NOT GIVING UP.  In recent years I have often had a manic spell of weight loss motivation that shot out like a cannon but died within days.  My husband Nick could tell you how frustrating it was for him to stay supportive every time I would have a big idea, work hard for 2 weeks, then slowly give up and slip back into self loathing.  This time, however, I fought through the let down that comes after the "honey moon" of a new weight loss plan, and now I am experiencing real rewards.  And Nick stuck with me through it all, which brings me to my next factor...


3. SUPPORT SYSTEM.  Nick is an incredible man.  He fell in love with me when I was 150 lbs. and he has loved me through every weight gain and loss all the way up to my peak at 205 lbs.  He admits that it was hard for him to watch me put on so much weight and feel so sorry for myself.  Although I was the same woman he loved on the inside, I did change drastically on the outisde, and that was hard for us both!  However, Nick has not only loved me through it all, but also supported me and encouraged me and believed in me despite the dead ends I kept running into. I cannot tell you what strength that has given me.  In addition to my spousal support, I also find incredible support through my friends on MyFitnessPal, my faithful blog readers, as well as my sisters and parents.  No matter who it is in your life, you need someone who will love you enough to see past your weight gain but NOT see through it.  The people who truly love me never treated me differently because I was fat, but they never ignored the fact that I needed to make some changes in my life and get healthy.  That support has made all the difference. 


 So here we are, 4 months into this... 14 pounds down, 41 to go.  I continue to feel good and motivated and excited as my body takes new shape.  Just have to keep on trucking.  Thanks, as always, for being such an important part of this journey.

4 comments:

  1. You're an incredible woman and I'm so proud of you, and your kids would be so proud if they knew what an awesome mom you are! (They know at some level) <3 Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspired by you !!! Keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, Reb! Keep it up, momma, you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding! Thank you for sharing. YOU and that fellow with you are terrific models for all kinds of folks, your children -- and me -- included.

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods