Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

At long last, a blog post!  It has been very hard to find time and energy to post during these past couple of weeks, due in part to Nick's mission trip to Nicaragua, but also because of my 2 week long gig with the Bristol Valley Theater in Naples, NY.  SO here we are, and I am finally able to update you all... 

This week, I lost 1 pound!  (1.2 pounds, technically.)  Considering how draining this past week has been, I am very pleased with that small success.  For me, its all about the little successes that will slowly add up to big rewards! 

Speaking of which, I'VE LOST 10 POUNDS SO FAR!  I have been so concerned with my week to week gains and losses that I have just now been able to sit back and realize that all of a sudden I am 10 pounds smaller!  I have to be honest, that feels really, really good.  It has been a long time since I have felt good about my body, since I have felt like I have a body to be proud of.  Success is often a catalysis for growth in my life, and as of right now, I couldn't be more motivated to keep pressing on toward my ultimate weight loss goals. 

 
It may take me years to get to a weight that I am truly content with, but I am OK with that.  I am at peace with the fact that my weight loss journey has many peaks and valleys.  Desptie the ups and downs, the overall direction needs to be down.  If that is true, then I have done well. 

At this point in my story, I can truthfully say that I am losing weight, slowly and with small periodic setbacks, but I am doing it.  I AM DOING IT... Yay me. :-)

4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Rebecca! I share your pain and struggle with baby weight loss and beyond, 10 lbs is awesome! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods