Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not losing weight but gaining health...

A very wise friend once told me, during a candid conversation we were having about our weight struggles, that she has the most success when she thinks about gaining health rather than losing weight. I always thought it was a wise sentiment but I could never really take it on as my own. Today, however, I really thought about it alot and started to adopt it as my mantra. Today I was active and I made wholesome food choices. I have no idea what the scale says but despite the ups and downs of my weight number, my body felt great! I think that no matter how long it takes me to reach my own ideal weight I can feel good about my progress because without a shadow of a doubt I am gaining health.

1 comment:

  1. I love your friend's perspective!! That has been helping me too when I get caught up in the numbers on the scale that usually don't reflect how I actually feel!!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods