Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekly Weigh In


I weighed myself on Saturday while on vacation in Pennsylvania, and I was surprised and relieved to see that I FINALLY lost some weight.  I lost 1 pound.  I know it really isn't much, but I was overjoyed to see the number on the scale decreasing instead of increasing or staying the same, as it has done for so many weeks.  This little bit of sucess has REALLY motivated me this week, and I have been working so hard for the past couple of days. 

I have been saying NO to foods that I shouldn't eat and saying YES to things like water and carrot sticks.  I have been staying active and keeping my mind off food.  Its been great.

Another bit of motivation that has been fantastic for me - my husband bought me a Kindle Fire for a surprise anniversary gift!  This has enabled me to start using "My Fitness Pal," an online fitness tracker.  I now bring my Kindle everywhere and log all of my food consumption as well as exercise.  Journaling my food and exercise in this way is SO motivating for me.  I feel a renewed sense of success and hope. 

You will notice that I have changed my "weight loss stats" in the upper right hand corner of the blog to a "badge" from My Fitness Pal.  Since I was already 200 lbs. when I started using the program, the badge reports that I have not lost any weight yet.  But you and I know that my journey has already begun, and to date I have lost 5 POUNDS!  Halelujia. 

5 lbs. down, 45 lbs. to go... and onward I march! 

2 comments:

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods