Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekly Weigh In


Soooooooo, I gained a pound this week, making my current weight 196 lbs.  I was doing really, really well, then a couple of things happened, and my diet just got thrown way out of whack...

I was originally supposed to be playing in the pit orchestra for a production of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" next week.  There are performances this week, too, but I was splitting the gig with a colleague, and she was going to play all of the shows this week.  However, she injured her back and was unable to play, so I ended up filling in for her.  So in addition to taking care of the kids without Nick, teaching my regularly scheduled music lessons, I also had to drive to Naples every night (35 minute drive) and play the musical, then drive home again.  I was basically gone from 6pm to 11pm Tuesday through Friday this week.  I was stressed out and starting binge eating.  Actually, I would pretty much go all day without eating very much at all, then I would get home from the show and pig out, go to bed late, get up in the middle of the night, rise for the day at 6am exhausted, and start the whole cycle over again... 

PLUS, my 6 month old daughter seemed to hit some sort of growth spurt as soon as Nick left, and her whole schedule was thrown off track.  She was eating all the time and barely sleeping.  I am usually up with her once a night for a quick feeding, then she goes right back down.  This week she was up 3 and 4 times, sometimes staying awake for as much as and hour and a half in the middle of the night.  I was exhausted and just trying to get through each day without losing my mind.  I had no mental capacity left to make smart food choices.

AND I went to the Ontario County Fair.  Two word:  Kettle Corn. 

But despite the challenges and set backs of this week, I want to take just a minute out of this post to celebrate my accomplishments thus far in the journey, because I kind of glossed over them last week...

I AM BELOW MY PRE-PREGNANCY #2 WEIGHT! After I gave birht to my son in 2010 and before I got pregnant with my daughter the follwing year, the lowest I weighed was 198.5 lbs.  So it feels REALLY great to get below that number for the firts time in 2 years. 


I AM IN "ONE-DERLAND!" Out of the 200's, baby, and not looking back. 

I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP YET!   Ok, so maybe I gave up for a day or two here and there during the past 4 months, but in the end I have stuck it out and continued to strive for health gain and weight loss. 

I am not upset about a one pound gain this week.  It was a weird week, and inconsistency is to be expected.  Nick comes home tomorrow and I can start this fresh again.  I am so excited to continue this journey with you.  Thanks for being a part of my story! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods