Thursday, July 26, 2012

Update on my challebging week

A friend of mine who is a military wife told me that she usually loses weight when he has to endure long periods without her husband.  She suspects it is because she has less time to eat since she is so busy caring for the kids and house.  Well, I don't know if I am losing weight or not, but I DEFINITELY have less time to eat!  I barely ate at all today, and that is HUGE for a girl who snacks at every chance she can get.  In fact, I ate so little that I can give you today's menu in a very short list.  Here is what I ate today:

  •  2 slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter
  • Coffee with half and half 
  • Roast beef and cheese on a Flat Out wrap 
  • Lara Bar 
  • Banana
 Perhaps I should have eaten more, but I honestly did not have time!  I never thought I would have to consciously make time for eating a balanced diet.  My, how children change the name of the game!

I have been doing so much better than I though I would without Nick here.  I do miss him and I can't wait to see him in 3 days, but in the mean time, I have managed to keep a good attitude, despite how utterly exhausted I am.  I feel empowered by my ability to take command of the house and family by myself.  However, I am ready to have my husband back. 

Another full day tomorrow.  I will look for more opportunities to eat small, wholesome meals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods