Monday, June 25, 2012

On the road again...

Ok, blog-readers, I need some encouragement and advice!  This week my husband, 2 kids, dog and I are doing some major traveling.  As you know, traveling is the hardest time to eat right.  Here is our week at a glance:

Sunday - Tuesday: Binghamton, NY to visit in-laws
Wednesday night: At a Bed and Breakfast in Bloomfield, NY to celebrate our 5th anniversary
Thursday - Friday: Coudersport, PA at my parent's cabin
Friday - Sunday: Johnstown, PA to celebrate my cousin's high school graduation


So far I have not done too well.  My mother in law is Italian, and like a good Italian mother she makes food... amazing food... and feeds us constantly.  Bread, pasta, pancakes, eggs, hamburgers, meatloaf, cookies... the list goes on.  Its so hard to resist eating.  I am trying to turn it around as we speak by drinking a bottle of cold water.  I am going to try to be done eating today. 

So what is your advice for eating right while on the road?  I am in need of some good ideas to make this week a success.  Thanks in advance for your valuable input! 


4 comments:

  1. Here's what I did today at Panera: Had the sandwhich I wanted and then had an apple as a side (even though the chips and bread were tempting) and water for a drink. So, if you have to have chicken nuggets at McDonalds, then have water and if possible, fresh fruit or veggies to go with it. For parties/visits try eating one good plate of food and stopping, that helps me. Avoid the 'grabbing one as you go past' method. And try to graciously decline food you don't need. Hope that helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the grab one as you go past method... you definitely know our family! :-) Good advice, Liz, thanks.

      Delete
  2. I bring as much of my own healthy snacks as I can. Eat an apple or banana and drink a glass of water before those big family meals, helps me at least eat less of the delicious and tempting cheesy stuff. And pretty please, feel zero guilt about having a beautiful meal on your anniversary. Just eat a pound of spinach for breakfast the next day. (Sidebar: my favorite lifestyle eating book: "How to eat like a hot chick" I think you'd like it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great suggestions, thanks! i will look up that book, sounds good. thanks!!!

      Delete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods