Monday, June 4, 2012

Product Plug Week, Product Number One!

Welcome to "Product Plug Week."  Every day this week I will talk about a different product that I have found very helpful and encouraging to me and my weight loss goals.  Most (ok, all) of them will be food products, because for me, the biggest struggle in losing weight is finding ways to stop myself from over eating.  Certain products, I have found, really help me cut back on calories or fat while still having a great eating experience.  So as I've said, welcome to product week!!!

Product # 1: No Pudge Brownie Mix

 

Perhaps some of you will remember about a month ago I posted a recipe on Facebook for a "brownie in a mug" recipe that uses hot chocolate mix.  It is delicious and easy... and it'll cost you about 550 calories!  Major let down for me, since I was really starting to enjoy a nice hot single-serve brownie at night.  However, I was recently reacquainted with a wonderful alternative:  No Pudge Brownie Mix.  For a chocoholic who loves to snack at night, that is truly a miracle product.  Simply mix 2 parts mix with 1 part nonfat vanilla yogurt, microwave for a minute or two and you have an instant brownie in a mug!  It is completely delicious, and get this - only 110 calories!  (For one serving. I usually make a double serving in a mug, but that's still only 220 calories, WAY less than 550.) 

 
And on top of those two great facts, I am also impressed that there are so few ingredients in the mix, and NO PRESERVATIVES.  Clearly this single serve brownie in a mug is truly superior.  Make one tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Good Question! I buy it at Wegmans, a grocery store chain in the North East, but I'm not sure where you'd buy it in the mid west. I buy it in the natural foods section, so possibly any grocery store with a good sized natural foods section. Let me know where you find it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most grocery stores carry it. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods