Saturday, June 2, 2012

Weekly Weigh In


Weighed myself today after a long week of over eating.  I did gain one pound, bringing my weight to 201 lbs.  My weight loss, it seems, will be up and down, up and down, but so far with an overall trend of downwards. 

I have been struggling lately to find the motivation to eat right.  I have not been able to say "no" as I once was, and the result is a lot of guilt and a lot of over eating to cover up the feelings of guilt... back to square one, it would seem. 

I was talking to my husband about this the other night, and I realized that there is a BIG disconnect in losing weight for me.  I have TWO very strong and overwhelming urges that in in constant conflict with each other:

1. The desire to be thin.  I want nothing more.
2. The desire to eat.  I am truly addicted to food. 

Finding a way top reconcile these two conflicting desires is when weight loss will really happen for me.  Stay tuned for a blog post about this topic, coming soon to lap top near you.

I apologize for being somewhat absent this past week.  As I said, my weight loss journey has been less than ideal, and the lack of motivation has made it difficult for me to find things to write about.  As I always say, though, tomorrow is a new day, and next week is a new week.  Here's to finding a way to do better, and NOT GIVING UP!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods