Monday, May 7, 2012

For Peanut Butter Addicts Only



I will admit it: I am a major peanut butter addict.  If I was banished to a desert island and had to choose only one food to nourish me for the rest of my living days I would chose peanut butter.  Now, natural, organic, non-hydrogenated peanut butter isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  However, it does have a ton of calories for a such small amount of food and LOTS of fat.  Again, not necessarily a horrible thing, unless A, you are eating an obscene amount of it in a day, and B, you are trying to lose weight. (Two things that apply to me).  I have tried “low fat” and natural peanut butters, but even those varieties still pack an enormous amount of calories and fat.  HOWEVER, thanks to a great friend, I have discovered the ULTIMATE peanut butter that is truly low in calories and fat, and tastes pretty darn great…

POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER!   

Now, before you slam your lap top shut and stop reading, hear me out.  Organic, natural, powdered peanut butter has just 3 ingredients – peanuts, coconut sugar, and sea salt.  2 tablespoons of this stuff is only 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat!!!  Hallelujah!  Just add 1 part water to 2 parts powder, and you have a truly healthy peanut butter.  I will say that the taste, although delicious, is slightly more bitter than traditional peanut butter.  I easily remedy this by drizzling in just a small bit of honey to the mix, adding only about 15 calories per serving.  

I am so excited to make this peanut butter a part of my diet.  Last night I ate it on a rice cake, and I plan to eat it on some toast tomorrow morning.  YUM.  I would recommend this product to any peanut butter addict.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! Why didn't we know about this for the past 10 years? Lol

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods