Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Tea Party


The benefits of drinking decaf, herbal tea throughout the day are numerous.  I have found that drinking tea is not only a great way to relax and unwind, but also a way to keep my hands and mouth busy without eating.  You may be thinking to yourself, “Oh come on, get real, tea is so boring and plain.”  However, I have found that stocking my kitchen with fun, tasty, and diverse teas is really enjoyable, and selecting which tea I want to enjoy is a task I look forward to.  It diverts my attention away from food and towards something positive that I am doing for myself.  When you choose to put down the meatball sub and pick up a glass of tea, you are choosing… 
  1. To hydrate yourself, which keeps your body working efficiently and promotes weight loss.
  2. A calorie free treat.
  3. Antioxidants!  Many teas, including green and white teas, are full of these cancer fighting agents.
  4. A constructive way to keep your hands and mouth busy without over eating.
  5. A warm beverage that can really help you relax and unwind at the end of a long day.
 Some of my favorites include raspberry, lemon ginger, peppermint, chamomile, and regular old plain decaf green tea.  So drink your tea hot with a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon of honey.  Drink your tea cold with a sprig of fresh mint.  Drink your tea on the go in a travel mug, or drink it at home while you are relaxing on the couch.  Get out to the grocery store and peruse the tea aisle – you will find that there are literally hundreds of different varieties to get excited about.  I know it may sound boring, but please, give tea a try!

Some of the teas in my personal collection.


2 comments:

  1. I love to brew a string batch of traditional medicinals tea , add a couple teaspoons of sugar, and pour it over a nalgene filled with ice. Add straw and I've got myself a kick butt sweet tea that actually does something for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make some sun tea! Its the best for ice tea!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods