Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

 
Remember those 2 pounds I lost last week... yeah.  Well I gained them back this week.  When I stepped on the scale this morning I was disappointed (but not surprised) to see that I had gained 2 pounds. 

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't at least a little discouraged.  Its so hard to be getting farther away from my ultimate weight loss goal instead of closer.  However, I have to be realistic about this and realize that bad weeks are going to happen, and that's just part of life.  This past week was exhausting and stressful, and it was extremely difficult for me to stick to my guns when it came to making healthy decisions.  Like I said, I'm disappointed, but not surprised. 

Its very tempting to allow myself to feel like a victim and say, "Everything I have done is just a waste of time, I am always going to be fat, it's not fair."  However, the real waste of time is spending any ounce of energy feeling sorry for myself.  As hard as it is, as embarrassed as I am, I have to keep going.  I have to wake up tomorrow morning, take a deep breath, and jump back on the horse.

Next week is a new week... thank God.  I am choosing to see it as 6 days to get back on track and kick those pesky 2 lbs. to the curb.  And that is just what I am going to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods