Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Great Dinner

I had a great dinner today, so I've decided to blog about it.  My dinner was healthy and delicious, and very easy to make.  I tend to think that dinners are either delicious OR healthy, but this meal was both. I also tend to think that dinners need to be elaborate and take a long time to make.  But as I've said, this delicious, healthy, and easy dinner defied expectations.  

Tonight I made really great veggie wraps.  Here's what I used to make 2 wraps:

-half a head of romaine lettuce
-half a can of black beans
-1 avocado, cubed
-1/4 cup craisins
-2 tbsp lite honey mustard salad dressing
-2 slices gouda cheese
-2 spinach and pesto wraps (Wegmans brand)

 
To prepare these wraps, I mixed the first 5 ingredients into a big mixing bowl.  I tossed it all together.  I placed a slice of cheese on each wrap, then I divided the salad mixture in half and put a big pile of the mixture on each wrap.  I folded it all together and ate one of the wraps and gave the other to my husband.  It was so good and fresh and healthy.  I'm sure it wasn't necessarily the lowest calorie dinner (avocados and honey mustard and wraps aren't really low calorie foods) BUT all of the ingredients were fresh and healthy, full of nutrients and vitamins.  I felt full afterwards, and I felt that I had filled my body with wholesome food.  It is a dinner that I am proud to call my own, in all of its easy, healthy, and delicious glory. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods