Monday, May 7, 2012

Looking Back and Moving Forward

Today is Sunday, and the weekend has passed.  All the stress and business of the previous week is gone, the repose of the weekend is over, and a new week is looming.  As I sit here tonight drinking my habitual decaf herbal tea I am reflecting on my journey so far and looking forward to the next week. 

I did a lot of great things this week!  I started to make some changes that I can see myself doing for a long time.  I made some good steps in the right direction:  This past week I...
  • Ate a great, full breakfast every morning.
  • Went to the gym with a friend after the kids were in bed one night this week.
  • Took walks when ever I could. 
  • Did not snack late in the evening any night this week!  (Ok, except for yesterday, which was Cinco de Mayo, I mean COME ON, how could I not have a margarita and chips and salsa and Mexican cookies???) 
  • Drank tea as a substitute for late night snacking.
  • Said NO to a number of foods on several occasions. 
  • Lost weight. :-) 
 AND I did some not so good things, too...
  •  Had a really big ice cream cone tonight after dinner.
  • Let myself eat out of stress a couple of afternoons.
  • Only went to the the gym once 
  • Felt sorry for myself when I couldn't find a bathing suit that fit right at either store I tried on Saturday.
 With those things over and done with, I have 3 little goals for this coming week:
  1. Walk every day! (Its good for me, its good for the kids, its good for the dog.)
  2. Continue to eat a great breakfast every morning.
  3. Make it to the gym at least one more time than I did last week.  (Even if it is only to swim with my toddler son in the pool.)
Hope you all had a great weekend, and hope you have a fantastic week. Happy Monday. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's so encouraging. You totally reminded me about drinking tea, and I've been joining you for a cup every night myself. About the ice cream- I've heard that never allowing yourself a treat can potentially harm your weight loss goals in the long term. So, maybe it could be filed under "Neutral Actions." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're setting yourself for success with achievable goals! GO REBECCA! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Stats

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods